It’s not a matter of “IF” but “WHEN.” Yeah, believe it or not,…it’s coming! Remember the last time you lost power? Think about the worst case situation that it won’t come back or can’t be turned on for weeks, months? It can and will happen; and there usually is no warning. Be ready my friends. Things happen that most just think won’t happen.
Only question I’ll have is “who” or “what” will they say is the “culprit” as to why the grid in ( City/State, USA) failed. You know they’re gonna blame someone, something or some country (probably Russia or a squirrel). If the internet is up somewhere and I’m on it and know the deal (someone will know), I’ll post it here; if possible.
Meanwhile, admit it could happen and be ready for when they pull the plug, create an EMP, or simply flick the switch. Uh…also, there is the possibility of someone using a real nuke on US soil….(God forbid) that would not be a good day AT ALL! Just be able to have another way of communication. Cell towers will most likely be down; however some landlines will maybe be operational.
“A federal EMP commission report warns that even the smallest EMP attack on our grid system would down it for about a year, if not longer. A year-long blackout would certainly be coupled with a massive death toll that would devastate entire populations…………
In “Life Without Electricity,” he said the results would be horrific for most, as the vast majority of Americans have virtually no survival skills. He believes the whole year would look something like this:
- Social Disorder: Looting requires a dusk to dawn curfew for those not wanting to risk their lives. People become refugees as they flee powerless homes. The workforce becomes differently employed at scavenging for the basics, including water, food, and shelter.
- Communications: No TV, radio, or phone service.
- Transportation: Gas pumps will be inoperable. Failure of signal lights and street lights would impede traffic and all traffic would cease after dark, but not many would even have a functioning vehicle anyway. No mass transit metro service and all airlines will be stopped.
- Water and Food: There will be no running water. Stoves and refrigerators will be inoperable. People will have to melt snow, boil water, and cook over open fires. Local food supplies will be exhausted. Most stores will close due to the blackout.
- Energy: Oil and natural gas flows will stop.
- Emergency Medical: Hospitals will have to operate in the dark. Patients on dialysis and other life support will be threatened. Medications administered and babies will be born by flashlight.
- Death and Injury: Casualties from exposure, carbon dioxide poisoning, and house fires increase………